- February 21, 2017- Abstract submissions, conference award applications and registration opens.
- March 15, 2017 at 11:59pm EST – Deadline to submit your artwork for the ZDM10 conference t-shirt contest.
- April 4, 2017 at 11:59pm EST– Deadline to submit abstracts and conference awards.
- May 15, 2017 – All abstract submitters and conference award submitters will be notified of acceptance.
- July 7, 2017 – Early bird registration ends and conference rates increase.
- July 11, 2017 – Last day to book hotel rooms at the discounted group rate.
ZDM10 Featured Speakers
Joseph G. Gleeson, University of San Diego
Dr. Gleeson received his M.D. from the University of Chicago, residency in pediatrics and neurology at Children’s Hospital Boston and postdoctoral fellowship in neurobiology and genetics at Harvard Medical School. He was a professor at UCSD, School of Medicine from 2000-2014. He was the Hess Professor at Rockefeller University and the Director of Mendelian Sequencing at the New York Genome Center from 2014-2015. He is an Investigator with the Howard Hughes Medical Institute at the University of California San Diego and the Rady Children’s Institute for Genomic Medicine.
Lucy Shapiro, Stanford University
Lucy Shapiro is a Professor in the Department of Developmental Biology at Stanford University School of Medicine where she holds the Virginia and D. K. Ludwig Chair in Cancer Research and is the Director of Stanford’s Beckman Center for Molecular & Genetic Medicine. She is a member of the scientific advisory boards of the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, the Pasteur Institute in Paris, and the Lawrence Berkeley National Labs and is a member of the Board of Directors of Pacific Biosciences, Inc. She founded the anti-infectives discovery company, Anacor Pharmaceuticals, that was recently sold to Pfizer. She has co-founded a second company, Boragen LLC, providing novel antifungals for agriculture and the environment. Her studies of the control of the bacterial cell cycle and the establishment of cell fate has yielded fundamental insights into the living cell and garnered her multiple awards including the International Canadian Gairdner Award, the Abbott Lifetime Achievement Award, the Selman Waksman Award and the Horwitz Prize. In 2013 President Obama awarded her the US National Medal of Science. She is an elected member of the US National Academy of Sciences, the National Academy of Medicine, and the American Academy of Arts & Sciences.
Sessions Focusing on…
- Muscle and Cardiac Disease
- Drug Discovery
- Gastrointestinal/ Metabolic Disease
- Hematological Disorders
- Infection and Inflammation
- Neurological/Behavioural Disorders
- Skeletal System Diseases
- Gene Editing Workshop
- Medical Mysteries Workshop
Local Organizing Committee
- Duc Dong
- Stephen C. Ekker
- Farhad Imam
- David Traver
- Debbie Yelon